Updated May 2, 2020
Dear Woods Ortho Friends, Family and Patients,
We want to provide you with the most up to date COVID-19 news as it pertains to Woods Ortho. As you may know, Governor Kate Brown issued Executive Order 20-10, which went into effect March 23, and directed us, along with all healthcare providers state-wide, to reschedule all non-emergency appointments until after June 15. That date was revised recently to May 1. The purpose was to slow transmission rates of the virus, as well as to preserve much-needed supplies such as gloves and masks for healthcare workers who needed it the most. As Oregon has seen success in “flattening the curve”, we’ve been allowed to resume elective procedures.
During the week of May 4, we will be calling patients to schedule appointments to begin on May 11. Here are a few things to keep in mind as we prepare to reopen:
- We are focusing on doing so safely and efficiently. Chief among our efforts is putting in place extra precautions with how we see patients in our office to ensure everyone’s safety. I have been communicating directly with the Oregon Dental Association to acquire information from the Center for Disease Control and the Oregon Health Authority about best practices and infection control for orthodontics. You can rest assured that our normally sterile practice operations will be further bolstered to follow all guidelines provided.
- Our team will be in full-force and will call each patient to schedule a next appointment, beginning as early as May 4th and continuing into the first weeks of May. There is no need to call us to schedule.
For all appointments, please see the new list of precautions we will take to keep you healthy:
- If you have any symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we ask that you please call to reschedule your appointment.
- Forehead temperatures will be taken on everyone who enters the office. Staff will have temperatures taken at the beginning of each day. Those with elevated temperatures (according to CDC guidelines) will be asked to return home and call to reschedule an appointment.
- Only patients with scheduled appointments and one accompanying adult will be allowed in the office/clinic. Siblings, friends, or those without appointments will be asked to remain in the lower reception area, or in a car.
- Only one parent will be allowed to accompany a younger child to their appointment.
- All magazines/toys have been removed from the office to reduce the potential spread of pathogens.
- All brushing stations will be closed until further notice, so please brush before you arrive!
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for use.
- Please bring a face mask with you. Otherwise, we will do our very best to provide masks, but we expect they will be in short supply.
- We will continue to use CDC/OSHA standards to protect our employees and patients from any potential exposure.
As a general reminder, our emergency after-hours phone number is 541-386-7797. Should you reach our voicemail on the emergency line, please be sure to leave a message.
We love what we do, and we love all of our patients. Thank you for being in our circle; we can’t wait to see your smiling faces soon.
Dr. Shannon Woods , DMD, MS